Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year:) We brought in the new year at Papa Denny and Mama Carol's house. It wasn't easy staying up until midnight but somehow I managed to do it. I think I was a sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Does that mean I'm getting old?? Oh, and Colin got his last injury of the year... he ran into the car door and got a black eye.

We spent our first day of the year at the home of a dear family friend. She always fixes the BEST meal: roast, macaroni cheese (to die for), black eye peas, butter beans, rice, and some yummy mushroom gravy. It was so good!! We spent the afternoon talking and playing games. If you have a lot of people (4 or more) you must go out and buy the game Apples to Apples. IT is so much fun!! Oh, and Colin got his first injury of the year..... he was running outside and fell on stick. He scratched and blackened the other eye!

I am sorry to report I forgot my camera BOTH days and I have no pictures to share!! I was so mad at myself for this!!!

School starts back Monday for me and the kids. Chad starts back the next week. Life is about to get a little stressful:) I am taking a full load of classes this semester. I said I was going to cut back but I just can't help myself! I got a TEACH grant so I might as well take advantage of it.

Wish you all the best year EVER!!!

1 comment:

Heather BT said...

We played Apples to apples too, and also the old game, in a dice version called phase 10., Very good for the math skills.
Glad you had a good one.
Heather BT