Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moon Festival- Athen's FCC

Saturday night we went to Athen's to celebrate The Moon Festival with the Athen's FCC (Families with Children from China). Max and Kathy Norman hosted the festival and we had a wonderful time.
Russ and Lisa invited a lady from work named Min. She was born and raised in Northern China. She now lives in the US and is married with two boys. She was able to translate so we were able to have conversations with Anna Li all night:) Anna Li was so excited to be able to talk in her native language. Min and one of her son's is in the picture below with Anna Li, Colin, Bethany (hiding behind Colin),and myself. Picture of the Gray's arriving at the party. Check out those girl's in their Auburn gear!!
Auburn 3 Mississippi State 2 War Eagle!!!

Anna Li decorating a lantern with Min and her son. Colin picked up TWO girlfriends!! Lily and Emma. This is Colin with Lily:) He had so much fun!


One last story....
I had told Colin we were going to Athen's for a party. When we arrived at the Norman's house Colin asked, "Are we at Afen's?" We said, "Yes, we are in Athen's." After the party, we got in the car and headed home. From the back of the car Colin says, "I like Afen's. She's my girl friend!" He was referring to Emma (the daughter of Max and Kathy). We had to explain that Athen's was the town not the name of the girl!! Kids are so funny:)

5 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

lol I loved that story about Colin!
We are so glad AnnaLi had a wonderful time. I am sure Min will be there for you whem ever you need her. She is such a sweet lady!

Love, Lisa

Hope for Lucy said...

Im so glad you guys got to come and hope now that we will see you all the gatherings.
Lily had a wonderful time with new boyfriend! I love the picture of them together.
So glad yall joined our wonderful family!!

Love
Connie

Jean said...

How fun...sounds like you all had a great time. What a treat to be able to "talk" more with Anna Li too! What a blessing. Your Colin is a cutie! Wish we could have met him too! Some time down the road...you never know where we'll end up next!

Jean

Sonya said...

THAT'S IT!!!! Next time I AM GOING!!!
LOOKS like a blast!!!
Great pics!

Sonya

Brownie Troop 157 said...

What a truly small world it is. I consistently check in on your blog since your China trip for updates on Anna Li, who we so admire for taking such a big leap of faith with a new family. I think that takes a special kind of bravery and strength when the children are older. Anyway, I'm doing my weekly check in, only to find you've been spending time with the Normans! Max and Kathy were in my travel group, and Miss Emma holds a special place in our hearts. I miss my daily photos of her. If you speak to the Normans again, please pass along our love.

Kind regards from Miami,

Carol and Taylor (Emma's MaoNan Sister)