Thursday, October 2, 2008

Found an Old Friend

When I was 19 years old, I worked at a nursing home for about a year. It was a hard job but oh so rewarding!! I met so many people that I will always hold dear to my heart. One guy that always brightened my day was "Hoop". He was such a joker and he always made our shifts so much fun!! TODAY, I volunteered at the Special Olympics and guess who I found....HOOP!! After all these years (14 years) he still remembered me! It was a beautiful day and so much fun! Hoop got first place in the 20 yard dash:) If you have never attended a Special Olympics, I highly recommend it. You can participate to be a "buddy"with one of the participants, volunteer to work one of the events, or just help with lunches. I did all three and I am really looking forward to doing it again next year. Opening ceremonies of the Special Olympics!!!!
Pictures from the Awards Ceremony



No comments: