Thursday, August 14, 2008

Home Update

Wow! It has been almost a week since we have been home. Time sure does fly!! Anna Li is doing great:) and adjusting very well. She loves her family, her home, her room, the top bunk, and especially Pebbles the cat. I think she is a little bored staying at home. We took Bethany to her first day of school on Monday and Anna Li really wanted to stay. Next week she will be tested and we will have a better idea of what grade to start her in. She is such a people person and I really think she will be much happier in school vs. staying home with mom and/or dad. I am not sure how the language barrier will go over but I know people do it everyday. It will all work out! As far as food goes, she is definitely a meat eater. She loves my cheese stuffed meatloaf, hot dogs (without the bun), and fish. She is not crazy about casseroles but will give everything a try. She LOVES noodles but we try to limit the amount she eats because it is so high in sodium. She also loves to snack on slim jims (beef sticks), raisins, and LOVES Doritos (chips)!!

FAMILY FUN!!
We took the kids to Chucky Cheese last night and Anna Li had a blast. For those that do not know, Chucky Cheese is a pizza place that gives the kids tokens to play games, win tickets, and get prizes. When we were done each of the kids got to pick out a prize and Anna Li picked out a pair of glasses that had a funny nose and mustache attached. It totally suited her. She loves to be silly and laugh:) I am sorry to say I left my camera at home:( I promise I will get better and post some pictures soon.

We went to Bethany's school the same day and talked to the class about our trip. Anna Li loved to be in the classroom!! She didn't have a problem standing up in front of everyone and teaching the class some Chinese (hello, thank you, and good bye). I think all the kids enjoyed it and they loved the chopsticks we gave them.

I will post again next week and let everyone know how our doctor visit went. I promise I will post some pictures then too:)

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey Ya'll!
So glad to hear that things are running smoothly. I have your blog linked in one of my posts -- telling folks to check out your blog. A friend of mine in Oklahoma City (who is traveling w/me) visited your site and commented on how adorable Miss Anna Li is. True...and so is her precious sister. Love following along on your life stories. I'll keep popping over.
Hugs, Vicki in Mississippi
leaving 8/29
P.S. Do ya'll have $3,000 I can borrow. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki said...

Hey Ya'll!
So glad to hear that things are running smoothly. I have your blog linked in one of my posts -- telling folks to check out your blog. A friend of mine in Oklahoma City (who is traveling w/me) visited your site and commented on how adorable Miss Anna Li is. True...and so is her precious sister. Love following along on your life stories. I'll keep popping over.
Hugs, Vicki in Mississippi
leaving 8/29
P.S. Do ya'll have $3,000 I can borrow. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonya said...

Everything sounds wonderful! I am so thankful she is doing well!!!
That is an answer to soooooo many prayers!

SHAME on you for not taking the camera! ;)

Can't wait for your next post!

Sonya

The Woodalls said...

What a personality! She just sounds so precious! Can't wait to meet her!

Emily

Buffi Young said...

So wonderful to hear that you guys are doing well. We think of you often. Look forward to meeting Anna Li in Sept.
Blessings,
Buffi

Buffi Young said...

So wonderful to hear that you guys are doing well. We think of you often. Look forward to meeting Anna Li in Sept.
Blessings,
Buffi

The Princess's Mommy said...

Welcome Home! Glad things are going well. Hope to see you all soon!

Love,
Monica

Rina said...

Ok, its been way too long without picture posts..someone is dropping the ball...Come on you left us hanging out to dry..even for those in china

Rina

Scott said...

We are glad to hear that things are going well. We were wondering how you all were doing. :-) We look forward to seeing photos and hearing how the school testing went.

Take care!

Jean, Scott, and family