Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Can you believe it??

Wow! I can't hardly believe it!! We will be getting on a plane tomorrow- China bound!! I have made more trips to Wal-Mart than I want to think about this week. I have packed and repacked and packed again. I have checked my list and rechecked and checked it again. We are ready to go. I am not going to get a bit of sleep tonight! My heart is filled with joy, excitement, and fear. I can't imagine how my Anna Li feels!! I ask everyone that reads this to please lift my little girl up in prayer. She has wanted a family for so long but I am sure she never thought what she would have to leave behind to have one. I can't imagine the fear she will feel as she leaves with us. After all, we are just strangers to her. Pray the Lord will give her strength and courage to face these changes. Pray the Lord will comfort her and help her find peace and inner strength. Agh!! I am so ready to just be there for her!!

Our flight will leave at 10:05am and we will arrive in Beijing around 10pm Thursday China time (9am Alabama time!). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we travel half way around the world to meet our daughter.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I was trying to be sure I could tell my mother how to follow this blog and, unlike normal, had my volume up. Reading your post from last night and hearing "When Love Takes You In" just overwhelmed me. My heart has been so full all morning. I think you are the two most selfless adults I know. Safe travels and blessings to all of you.

Carol

Buffi Young said...

OH We are SO praying for you guys. You are in the air right now on your way and I just KNOW that the Lord is giving you guys the peace that you need!! We're praying for Anna Li to be prepared and ready too!! God is faithful!! We cannot wait to read your first post from China!!
Blessings,
Buffi

Unknown said...

Best of luck on your big adventure. Our daughter came home 10 months ago - right before her 12th birthday. It has been an adventure and then some. Blessings on your journey,
Jeanne

from AOK2