Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I wonder what she looked like....


Anyone that knows me knows I am a picture person. I love pictures and I have tons of scrapbooks. Each of my kids have 3-4 books of baby pictures. As I was going through them one day I thought about Anna Li. We will not have any baby pictures of her. How hard it will be for Anna Li to see all the happy moments of her siblings growing up! It breaks my heart to know that she will have no pictures to share, no happy memories of birthday parties or Christmas mornings. How will I handle this? What can I say to make her feel better? The truth is we will never know what Anna Li looked liked as a baby, a toddler, or even as a 5 year old. I cherish every picture I receive of her. To open my email and receive new pictures of her is better than winning the lottery!


Then one day, I met a lady online. She shared so much information with me regarding the adoption of older children. The most valuable think I walked away with was a website called Photojoe.com. They take pictures of your children and do an age regressed photo of what your child would look like as a baby. We asked for a picture of her at the age of 1 and was very pleased with the results. Even though we will never know what she looked like as a baby, it sure is fun to get a glimpse of what she may have looked like.
If you are interested in photojoe.com and chose to use their service, mention my name so I can receive $50 off my next purchase. I would love to have one done for each year but it is not cheap!!

3 comments:

The Woodalls said...

How precious is that!!

I know what you mean, and I feel lucky that we were able to adopt Rebecca even at the age of 6, lots of childhood left. When we were able to ask the assistant director questions about Rebecca on the day we got her, one of the things that we asked was if there were any baby pictures of her. When we visited the orphanage a few days later, we were elated when they presented us with a laminated photo of her when she was about a year old! It is priceless and so obviously our daughter!! (So, it will never hurt to ask when you are there!) Also, you can get a pretty good photo if you can get her finding ad from Brian Stuy (research-china.org).

Emily

P.S. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 12th!

RamblingMother said...

Maybe you will be surprised and the orphanage staff or foster family will have some pics of Anna Li. The earliest I have of Glenys is her finding ad at age 1 month (roughly).

Rina said...

We are following your journey..
Bless you all...

Rina and Henry Shpiruk
www.shpiruk.blogspot.com